Customized special gears
When that extra dose of torque is necessary.
Our planetary, spur and special gearheads perfectly compliment our motors.
When performance is required at high torque levels and correspondingly low speeds, maxon precision gearheads are in their element. In addition to a wide standard range of spur and planetary gearheads, maxon motor also excels in providing customized solutions, tailored to the customer's requirements. Cutting-edge materials and manufacturing processes are used (e.g. CIM/MIM).
The gearheads are adapted to the motors on site in the supplying plant, further improving the gearhead performance.
Planetary gearheads are suitable for transferring high torque. The larger gearheads are normally equipped with ball bearings at the gearhead output.
- Torque up to 120 Nm
- Reduction ratios of 4:1 to 6.285:1
- High power in a small space
Spur gearheads are suitable for low torques. The gearheads consist of one or more stages. One stage represents the pairing of two cogwheels. The first toothed gear (pinion) is mounted directly on the motor shaft. The bearing of the output shaft is usually made of sintered materials.
- Attractively priced
- Output torque of up to 2 Nm
- Reduction ratios of 6:1 to 5752:1
- Low noise level
- High efficiency
Screw drives transfer the power generated by the motor into linear feed rate and feed force. The output shaft's bearings can absorb highest axial loads.
- Compact design due to direct integration of the spindle
- Comprises planetary gearhead with radial and axial bearings
- Designed for high forces and linear feed rates
- Wide range of spindles to suit any application